26.7.09

ALWAYS IN SEARCH OF SOMETHING

So a lot of my friends who have seen my blog have asked me to write more.
I made this blog so I could share my opinion so I don't think that writing more is an absurd request at all.
So I will begin with this.
Something that I am always trying to strive for in my own style is having a good balance.
Balance is something, I believe, everyone should want in a look.
If you haven't noticed, I have a great deal of love for an edgy look with an elegance to it.
So I had to think what's a good way to start talking more?
I could put together a look and explain the pieces I picked and why
So that's what I did.
Via: William Braggadocio

For example
At first look it seems average, seen it before?
Well let's walk through this look;
The Pants are Bailman Moleskin Distressed Trousers, I chose these because they are first a slim fit, but also very masculine because of the material and how he chose to recreate an almost mimic of a jean. The pants turned out looking almost medieval or barbaric but still maintain a sense of finish and intension .
Next the All Saints Stride Crew Tee, this shirt really helps mimic the distressed finish of the pants. I also picked this shirt based on how it is constructed the seams are not lined up perfectly on the sides of shirt which help keep the masculine look I was trying to achieve.
The necklace from ASOS was added to help balance the color. Also because of the make of the rosary it helps to maintain the sense of a modern "old" look.
To help make the pieces a little more modern I added the Winkle Picker and the Biker's Jacket
The Winkle Picker has a sleek modern look while also maintaining a sense of the past. The buckles on the side made me think back, while the shape made me point to the future.
The Classic Leather Biker Jacket is a piece many still use in their looks every day. It has managed to keep itself around. It is starting to shoot up around the fashion industry. I personally like layering so I like to finish off a look with a good jacket or cardigan, for those who don't it isn't necessary the look will work with or without it.
The combined effort of each individual piece will prove to create an edgy look that anyone could love.

No comments:

Post a Comment